We Help You Delight Clients
All-in-one platform consolidates multiple account and benefit types — eliminating vendor fatigue
Customized broker solutions for each client, including white-labeled options
Real-time reporting and analysis to help you provide exceptional service
Disciplined processes and detailed testing to ensure client and end user satisfaction
Digital tools and analytics to keep you on the cutting edge
Full communications suite and robust decision-support tools to empower your clients and their end users
About Common Benefits
Common Benefits Operating System is a year-round solution for benefit enrollment and administration. The system delivers multiple integrated enrollment options including face-to-face, via a call center or self-enrollment which are simultaneously available. The Home Office Portal is an online benefit setup and management solution provided for insurance carriers and trusted producers. TM.
- Free to enroll
- Open enrollment
- Year-round enrollment
- Attach to any case
- $0 pepm for year-round administration
- Eliminate the pepm for all other products on the case
Enroll Any Product
Any outside product, such as core medical, can be built on our system for a setup cost.
- $800 setup cost with EDI
- $500 setup cost without EDI
- $0 PEPM when offered on the same case as a qualified ZeroPEPM product.
Are all benefits free to enroll?
All collaborating carrier products are free to enroll. Common Benefits can enroll any benefit but plans outside our portfolio may require a setup fee.
When would a PEPM fee be charged?
SaveEveryDay benefits are free to enroll all the time. A PEPM is charged if one or more non-SaveEveryDay benefits are enrolled and the case did not qualify as ZeroPEPM. Failure to qualify happens when less than 30% of the eligible employees enroll in an ConnectYourCare plan or if less than 80% of the eligible employees complete the enrollment process.
What are the steps to qualify a case for ZeroPEPM?
1. Select one or more products from the either our ZeroPEPM page or Products page.
2. Complete a case summary and submit for pricing and confirmation.
3. From the date you start enrolling the case, Common Census audits your case. After 60 days when you must either sell the proposed product to 30% of the eligible employees or 80% or more of the eligible employees must have completed the enrollment process. If neither of these has transpired, Common Census will charge $500 but you can continue using full benefit administration. We repeat this audit at the 6 month mark and charge an additional $1,000. You have the remainder of the plan year (365 days after enrollment started) to reach the 30% or 80% thresholds during which time you may use the case for full benefit administration. After 1 year, the case reverts to $1 PEPM.
Does the PEPM fee increase with the number of products on a case?
No it will not.
Are there restrictions on what carriers I have to use?
You may combine products from collaborating carriers, ZeroPEPM collaborating carriers, and non-collaborating carriers on the same case. Pricing will vary based on the number of products, which carrier(s) you select, and the type of product.
Do I need to get a quote for each insurance plan?
The broker is responsible for sourcing quotes for all carrier plans.
Do I need to get a Case Summary quote from Common Census?
All cases must be quoted by Common Census. Pricing is not finalized until Common Census receives the final contract signed by all parties.
What are the ZeroPEPM Rules?
There is no PEPM fee if one or more included products qualified for ZeroPEPM. To qualify, either 30% of the eligible employees enroll in a qualifying product or 80% of the eligible employees completed their online interview (enrolled or waived). If neither of these has transpired, Common Census will charge $500 but you can continue using full benefit administration. We repeat this audit at the 6 month mark and charge an additional $1,000. You have the remainder of the plan year (365 days after enrollment started) to reach the 30% or 80% thresholds during which time you may use the case for full benefit administration. After 1 year, the case reverts to $1 PEPM. .